Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finding Your Voice


Let's see if I can explain this clearly.

Ok, think about your favorite show (Arrested Development, The Simpsons, The Sopranaos, Dexter, True Blood, etc.)

Have you ever noticed that as seasons go by each actor fine tunes their performance and becomes more comfortable in the role they play? Everything from their voice, mannerisms, and ad-libbing begins to sound better/more authentic. If you compare an episode from a first season to an episode of a third or fourth season, the difference is astounding. Pick your favorite show and try it out for yourself.

What I'm trying to get at is that I'm not used to typing out my thoughts. I'm used to talking about them. I've only been working on this site for less than a month now but I'm noticing some things. I don't want my posts to sound too formal or stilted. I want them to be real, not something that sounds like an english paper. Hopefully as I create more posts I'll begin to develop my voice.

If you have any tips or suggestions I'd love to hear them. As for now, please bear with what's being presented haha.

Thanks.

No comments: