Saturday, April 3, 2010

Passive Entertainment



How many hours [do you] spend watching television, surfing the internet, or playing video games?

If you spend 3 hours a day on passive entertainment (which is probably a very low estimate), that's 21 hours a week that could be used to write something interesting, make something cool, or creating something absolutely nutty that you and some other people might really enjoy. If you aren't doing something along these lines, then I think that it might be you who isn't spending your time wisely, and not the other way 'round.


Terry Border, from Bent Objects, wrote this on his site and I kind of stumbled on it by accident. I'm not exactly a huge fan of his site, but I can relate to the paragraph above 100%. I like how he used the term 'passive entertainment.' It motivated me to get off my lazy ass and make something.

Related: "I don't have enough time"

No comments: